Saturday, September 16, 2006

Hello everyone. Today has been a little disheartening. It's hard sometimes when you feel so strongly about something and others dismiss it as if it was casual boring converstion regarding the weather or the Detroit Lions. LOL oops did I point out they were boring? :D

Yesterday afternoon I was really excited because a close supporter of our church and relief effort contacted us about 2 popup trailers that were over in Slidell, Louisiana. He said if I wanted to I could go over there and take my pick of the two and use it while in Nashville on my mission trip. So I drove out there (about 100 miles or so) and took a look at them. What I discovered was one had been damaged somehow and its frame was bent, and the other didn't look so bad so I pulled it out (set in the back of a property and burried in shrubs) with my truck to get a better look at it. This popup camper was built in 1966 and by the looks of it needed a little lovin to make it road worthy. It had no harness for the lights and I'm not even sure it had lights to be honest. The serial number was so worn and faded that it was unreadable. The lock that keeps the top of the camper locked down was broke. So even if I could get it on the road I would be worried about the top flying up and creating some horrific accident or something. So needless to say I left both campers and drove home in disappointment.

The worst part of this was it ate a small chunk of my gas money I had saved for Nashville. Not to mention the exit from Slidell to I-10 is confusing so I got on going the wrong way (got mixed up and no signs). I discovered there is not ONE single exit between Slidell and New Orleans! So I had to drive ALL the way there and turn around. The exit I got off at was covered in State Police. A tractor trailer jacknifed his trailer into a ditch and blocked the entire onramp to the opposite side of the freeway. So after 45 mins I finally got on I-10 and came back to Pascagoula. Man it was a horrible trip to say the least!

Last night I talked with the young lady I mentioned in my previous post from Project Recovery. The one that spoke German..... doesnt speak german after all. Woot I was off the hook! She said she knows a couple one liners and thats it. So now I'm glad cause shes curious what I said and why I was appologizing (for being so foward). So I think I'll have fun with it for awhile before I tell her. ; ) We are getting together Sunday afternoon for coffee.

Sunday I said? Yup! Thats right I have decided to postpone the trip. : ( I set a goal and have fallen short so pushed it back another week. I not only need enough funds to get there but I need to survive once there. So I'll keep driving on and burning up the phone this week. I hate canceling appointments but I'm sure those that I was talking to this coming week will understand. I can only do what I can do right? If it's Gods will then I will be there when I get there right?

Good news, as I was typing this I got a call from someone up in Montgomery, Alabama. He said his church has a popup camper I can use and they are going to donate $300 for this trip. That was a very encouraging phone conversation! I'm hoping things continue like that for the rest of the week. I set a financial goal of $2000 for this trip so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and continuing to pray about it.

Everyone have a fantastic day and thanks for reading!

No comments: