Monday, September 11, 2006


On this day 5 years ago I watched in horror as terrorists hit the twin towers and Pentagon. At the time I didnt know that it would alter my life so dramatically. On September 16th it will be the 5 year annivesary of my deployment to the Pentagon. As military police and a sniper I served directly under the Chairman of the Joint Cheifs of Staff. Our mission was to protect the Pentagon from any further aggresion and maintain security for the VIPs in Washington DC. Operation GonSec (PentaGON SECurity) was yet another adventure that changed my life. Check this blog on Sept. 16th for more info.

To the victims families and friends and all those affected by the September 11th attacks, I wish you well and you will be in my prayers!

PLANTING THE SEED

Well the last couple days have been interesting to say the least. The night before last I got some very disturbing information about my 9 year old niece in Michigan. I took it pretty hard and stayed up till 3:30 am on Saturday night which led to me missing church on Sunday. Yesterday morning I drove down the coast a little and wanted some "me" time to think about things and vent alittle. What drives a man to molest his own daughter? My sisters fiance molested her recently. Needless to say he is in jail and my niece was being checked at the hospital for "evidence". I ask for your prayers for her and my sister.

Often I reflect on my life and think how different it has been versus what society considers "normal". I've had the pleasure to experience the world and adventure to places some dream about. During my travels I have met many types of people. Good people, bad people and those that sit on the fence waiting for influence. I can honestly say that as a police officer of 12 years I have met the worst kind right here in the United States.

My question is if society develops future society, what are we to expect of our grandchildern? The U.S. was dramatically effected by the long haired, peace loving, rubble rousers of the 60s in such a way that it's irreversible some would say. It opened a door to free expression and opposition of what society deems "the norm". With that said how can we stop a boulder rolling downhill? It seems as if the general consensus in America is that "it wont happen to me" so "why should I care" or my favorite "why not leave well enough alone"! At what point to we open our eyes and say something needs to be done about our future? "WE THE PEOPLE" has turned into "WE DUH PEOPLE"!

If we remain on this path and dont include God in our teachings like we use to, what is the U.S. to become. Seperation of church and state is by far the worst thing ever to happen in this country. If every immigrant raised their hand and swore an oath to the constitution of the United States and did so "under God", why would we allow seperation between the church and the government? The ACLU is to blame as are all those that hated their old country and came to this one hoping for a better life (sorry for pointing fingers). Instead of accepting our laws, religions and rights they opposed them because it was not what they were use to. But remember they left their country for a reason right? All of us are descendants of immigrants. In the 1920s the people of the United States were God fearing and lived by a code of ethics, morals and principals. Today the number of those with the same attributes are slowly decreasing.

So for a thought of the day I ask myself "what could I do to help America with a better future"? The answer I believe is to continue doing what I'm doing. See Hurricane Katrina was a HORRIBLE storm. However, it was (by far) the best thing ever to happen to the Gulf Coast! People are being brought together for one general purpose.... to help our neighbors, Americans and brothers and sisters in Christ! It's amazing and I'm proud to be a part of it. Every person we help is one step closer to becoming a product of a better future. Each person that forgot what it was like to feel loved by the community now has a better understanding of the power of God. Each storm victim now knows that God can "giveth and taketh"!

IF GOD IS SO GOOD WHY WOULD HE DO THIS TO ME?? Yup, that was the question asked here right after the storm. Thousands here wondered and asked that question. But the power of the Holy Spirit takes them on a roller coaster ride which has led to about 40 baptisms since I've been here! So thank God for Hurricane Katrina! It is in my hope that this area feels the power of Christ thru our good deeds. And for those that now have a better understanding of what christians have the power to do, if they wont come to church we at least planted a seed and hopefully one day they will peel the scales off their eyes as Paul once did.

As far as my niece is concerned..... just like the storm victims here my family has suffered. Different yes, but painful all the same. I'm not going to ask the question I stated above. Instead I'm going to look to God and pray for another opportunity to help develop a better future for American society! It's the little things we do that will change the future. Praise God and have faith! Have you planted any seeds lately?

No comments: